Essential Reading

'I have been a family historian for more than 40 years, and a professional historian for over 30, but as I read it, I was constantly encountering new ways of looking at my family history....Essential reading I would say!' Alan Crosby, WDYTYA Magazine

Thursday 11 June 2015

Old Age and Our Ancestors

                                        As Old As Their Gums....

See my article on our ancestors and old age in this month's edition of Discover Your Ancestors periodical online http://www.discoveryourancestors.co.uk/


Great-grandmother Laithwaite 1860s. Courtesy of the Wigan World Website.




If you enjoy this article, why not consider buying one of my family history books?
1.  Stories from Your Family Tree: Researching Ancestors Within Living Memory (The History Press, 2008) Stories-From -Your - Family-Tree;
2. It Runs in the Family: Understanding More About Your Ancestors (The History Press, 2013)  It Runs in the Family ;
3. Family First: Tracing Relationships in the Past (Pen and Sword Books, forthcoming September 2015)
 4. Researching Ancestors Through Their Personal Writings (forthcoming Pen and Sword Books, 2016)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment